Agent update.

Register clients as self-employed

HMRC has reported a number of complaints from accountants where their clients have been registered for self-assessment but not for the self-employed Class 2 NI regime. The problem is generally caused by the wrong form being completed and no NI record being set up. In order to correctly register a self-employed client, use Form CWF1 (see Follow up ) instead of Form SA1 .

Follow up

Form CWF1